Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Decorations

I have been wanting to make some Xmas decorations for ages and have started collecting patterns and projects I might use. I did not start on anything until I received my new book "Sew Pretty Christmas Style" last week. WOW! What a book! So much eye candy! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book! I want to make everything in it! This was enough inspiration for me to start with some projects for Xmas.

This is not from the book but from the You can Make This blog. It's a door ornament, easy to make and adorable!



Recently my Mom-in-Law gave me an embroidery frame and I did not think I would ever use it, but I did for this project. What a difference it makes! It was so much easier to do the embroidery.



This is the finished product, although this is another one I made for myself with pink. You use organza ribbon to hang it from. It is really cute!

I also made some heart hanging ornaments that are from my new book.

Once again, easy to make! All the projects in this book are easy to make and gorgeous! I will post a review of the book soon. I used my new adorable pink Xmas fabric for the bigger heart and felt for the smaller one. I embellished with yo-yo's and on the one I added little Xmas bells on ribbon. I will post some pictures of my house as soon as all the decorations are done.

1 comment:

MaricrisG said...

Pretty!!! u did a good job! Merry Christmas sweety!