Thursday, December 4, 2008

Seams to Me projects


I recently did a review on my blog about this book by designer Anna Maria Horner. I love this book more and more every day! Within hours after receiving it I was busy making the Taxi Tote featured inside! What a fabulously simple and pretty bag this is!

Here is my first attempt at it with pretty pink and blue material. I had such fun making it that I have cut out another two already! The full size patterns in the book makes it possible to start a project immediately. With this one I used a stiff interfacing which I will not repeat in the next two. I think this bag is meant to be a bit floppy.

This is a view of the inside of the bag. I used a lovely pink gingham inside that matches the pink flowers on the outside fabric. The loop and large covered button matches the inside fabric. I put more pockets inside than the pattern requires and I have made the next two smaller than the first bag. The bigger my bag, the more stuff I tend to put inside!

No comments: