Friday, May 22, 2009

Fab free sewing projects!

I found a great site whilst reading one of my new magazines mentioned in the last post -http://www.diystyle.net/. If you love sewing, I suggest you visit their website and blog. They have marvelous free projects you can download in three categories: Fashion, craft and home decorations. I especially liked the "Party Dress in an Instant"; Simple scarf halter top and the Two skirts in one projects. There is also a dress you can make from a bra! Remember Madonna in the early 80's wearing her bra on the outside? Well, this dress is essentially taking a stunning bra and making it the bodice of your dress. Really nice!

For those that love bags (like me!) there are several stunning clutch purse projects and my absolute favorite, the "Sweater purse". Very simple and looks stunning.

I also paid a visit to http://www.totallystitchin.net/. Another nice website that offers free projects for download, from skirts to tops to bags. Many of the projects are refashioning existing clothing items.

I looked through several magazines yesterday and I am seeing more and more fabulous ideas to refashion clothes, home dec items, etc. I have never really liked displaying knitted or crocheted items in my house, but a local design magazine featured knitted throws and pillows in the latest issue (http://www.ideasmag.co.za/) and it is growing on me...

1 comment:

MaricrisG said...

How you been? I haven't visited your blog in a while. I have been busy with my creative life too but I'm trying to get back to blogging! :)